Monday, July 2, 2012

Featured Artist - MaggieMays

Recently, as a result of the guild It's Better Handmade promotion of our artists, I've had a chance to begin to know some wonderful artists. One day, I stopped by the shop of MaggieMays Fine Jewelry on Artfire. I love the pieces in MaggieMay's shop. For example, how about these -  Mystic Diamond Drop Earrings .

Topaz Diamond Earrings




These earrings are beautiful in color and the design is elegant. I just want to stop and look at those beautiful earrings all day, but I was drawn further in to view more of the shop because there are so many wonderful pieces. And there are stories behind every piece which describe the metals and stones used and the inspiration for the pieces. 
 
White Diamond Engagement Ring

Red Ruby Necklace and Earrings
Platinum Grey Freshwater Pearls

A husband and wife team, Margaret Pierson and her husband work from their home studio. The team at MaggieMays are not only fine craftsmen, but Margaret also writes two fascinating blogs Maggie Mays Artfire Blog and MaggieMays Blogger with discussions of gemstones and techniques as well as fun videos and features which include those of other artists and the crafts they pursue. 

MaggieMay's is a strong and positive supporter of handmade and those who create and also very knowledgeable about the craft and materials in which she loves to work. I particularly enjoyed the Artfire Shop blog post entitled Russian Chrome Diopside - What Is It? Where Does It Come From? In this article, I learned much about Diopside, a rare green gemstone (that I had never heard of before I read this article), but which rivals the emerald for beauty and  which is found only in Siberia and mined only during the summer months since the extreme temperatures in Siberia create such difficult mining conditions.  

MaggieMays can also be found on Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/MaggieMays.Fine.Jewelry

You won't regret taking the time to stop by MaggieMays Fine Jewelry. 

9 comments:

  1. OH and Wow! Thank you Sew Klassic for such a inspiring article about not only MaggieMays but how my husband and I love to design jewelry. We are a dedicated team to make others happy with one-of-a-kind creations. Thank you again for honoring MaggieMays!

    Marge

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're very welcome :-) You deserve it and I hope that this article will result in a few more clients who will swing by your shop and purchase from you.

      Delete
  2. You have really written a wonderful post on a very creative team.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you ArtBySunfire. I stopped by your blog and shop today too. Love your products and your blog is excellent. :-)

      Delete
  3. Beautiful picks from a talented lady! Gotta love all the pieces, but those gray pearls are so rich!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The pearls are on my list to "hint" about. They truly are beautiful. Thank you for your comment. :-)

      Delete
  4. OMG, where are all these goodies hiding in her shop. Awesome jewls, of course I would buy everything I could, I am a jewls horse....LOL....great write up!♥♥♥
    Monika

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol! I have to say that this is the first time I've heard of a "jewels horse", but I like the term very much and think that MaggieMays would be a place that would create a horse like this since she has so many beauties. Love your comment and thank you :-)

      Delete
  5. Maybe some of you are wondering if the pictures click through to MaggieMays shop. The captions do click through but I couldn't figure out how to get the pictures themselves to click through. If some of you have a tutorial comment here would much appreciate to know how.

    ReplyDelete